动词可接不定式也可接动名词做宾语,但意义有差别。
(1)like, love, hate, prefer等表示喜爱,厌恶的动词后面,可用动名词也可用不定式作宾语,意义差别不大。但当这些词前面有should或would时,一定要用动词不定式作宾语。表示想要,愿意,打算。例如:
She likes dancing. But she wouldn’t like to dance with you. 她喜欢跳舞。(泛指)但他不喜欢和你跳。(特指)
He looked tired and I didn’t like to disturb him. 他看上去很累,我不想打扰他。
I don’t like reading, but I’d like to read a magazine in bed tonight. 我不喜欢看书,但是今天晚上倒想躺在床上看本杂志。
Little Jim should love to be taken to the theatre this evening. 小吉姆今晚喜欢被带去看戏。
The reporter would /should like to see you again. 那位记者还想见见你。
We don’t like talking about people behind their backs.我们不喜欢背后议论人。
hate to do sth 表示“真不想做某事,(但不得不做)”。如:
I hate to disturb you now, but I have no choice. 我真不想现在打扰你,但没有办法。
(2) forget to do sth.忘记去做某事(未做)
forget doing sth.忘记做过某事(已做)
例如:
The light in the office is still on. She forgot to turn it off. 办公室的灯还在亮着。她忘记关了。(关灯的动作没做)
The light in the office is off. She turned it off, but she forgot turning it off. 办公室的