新英语900句视频版 第40课:化名 文本如下:
LESSON 1
第1课
[The door bell ring at Michael''s apartment]
[米其尔公寓的门铃响了]
MICHAEL: Hi, Pedro. How are you doing?
彼卓,是你啊,有事吗?
PEDR:Fine. I just wanted to stop by and say hello.
你好,我是路过这儿,顺便来看看你。
MICHAEL: Come on in. [Pedro comes in]
进来吧。[彼卓进到屋里]
How about some coffee?
喝杯咖啡吧?
PEDR:Sounds good.
好的。
MICHAEL: What''s new? You look tired.
怎么啦?你好像很累。
PEDR:I''m trying to find a present for Miguel. He''s leaving at the end of next week.
我想送给米盖尔一个礼物,他下个星期末就要走了。
MICHAL: That''s too bad.
太糟了。
PEDR:He thinks so, too.
他也这么说。
MICHAEL: What about Marta?
那玛塔呢?
PEDR:Who knows? I don''t ask any questions. They act like teenagers in love. They cling to each other as if there were no tomorrow.
谁知道!我什么也不问。他们简直像十几岁热恋的孩子,俩人依依不舍,好像过了今天就没有明天了。
MICHAEL: You''re cynical today.
你又嘲笑她们。
PEDR:Realistic. In a week, she won''t remember his name.
现实些,一个星期之后她就会忘掉他的名字。
MICHAEL: Come on, Pedro.
得啦,彼卓。
PEDR:I''ll make you a bet. How much? Five dollars?
我敢跟你打赌,多少钱?5美元?
MICHAEL: OK. A five-dollar bet. Shake. [They shake hands]
第2课
MICHAEL: YOU take your coffee black, right?
你喝不加牛奶的咖啡对吧?
PEDR:Right, thanks.
对,谢谢。
MICHAEL: I have a favor to ask.
我想求你帮个忙。
PEDR:What is it?
帮什么忙?
MICHAEL: I''m entering an art competition, and I''d like to use your name.
我要参加一个绘画比赛,我想用你的名字。
PEDR:What do you mean?
为什么?
MICHAEL: I don''t want my father to know I''m entering the competition.
我不想让我父亲知道我参加这个比赛。
PEDR:O.K., if you want it that way. You finish the painting, and I''ll be happy to sign my name. I love to see an artist working.
好吧,如果是这样,你来画画,我来签名。我倒很爱看你们这些艺术家工作。
MICHAEL: Here''s the brochure. They call the contest "Young Artists'' Competition. " [Pedro reads the brochure. ]
这是小册子,他们把这次比赛称作“青年艺术家绘画大赛”。[彼卓看小册子]
PEDR:Money, Brazil, and Joana ! Did they design this contest especially:for you? Good luck. Are you submitting something new?
金钱,巴西和乔安娜,这是他们特别为你设计的吗?你好福气,你不准备送几幅新作品吗?
MICHAEL: yes.
是新的。
PEDR:May I see it?
让我看看好吗?
MICHAEL: There''s nothing to see. I''ve finished painting my canvas white, and now I''m stuck, Maybe I need a break. Have you had dinner yet?
没什么可看的,我刚把底布涂成白色,我现在有点累了,是不是该休息一会了?你吃饭了吗?
PEDR:No.
没有。
MICHAEL: I haven''t, either. Do you want to go downtown?
我也没吃。你想不想进城?
PEDR:I''m broke.
我一分钱也没有。
MICHAL: OK. I''ll call that place around the corner and have them deliver a pizza. How's that?
没关系。我打电话要个*角落的位置,再要些意大利馅饼。你看怎么样?
PEDR:Fine.